Garlic Broccoli and Tofu
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Approx 2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 block firm or extra firm tofu, pressed
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
1 cup water
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. To press tofu place tofu on cutting board with folded paper towels underneath. Place another layer of folded paper towels on top of tofu. Place heavy pan or bowl with added weight on top. Let sit for 10-15 mins.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Chop the broccoli, dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, lightly coat pan with grapeseed oil. Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions turn clear, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu, ginger, cayenne, and broccoli to the pan and continue to cook until broccoli is done (should be tender), another 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and water, then add this mixture to the broccoli and tofu.
- Cook until sauce thickens, then remove from heat.
- Serve the broccoli and tofu in garlic sauce over rice or whole grains and enjoy.